POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Curiosity : Re: A Curiosity Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Curiosity
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 9 Sep 2003 14:43:40
Message: <3f5e1f5c@news.povray.org>
If I'm correct, Mick rendered the Poser people with a
alfa background in Poser, rendered the background in POV and
finally merged them in Corel Paint.

If Poser will do what you want?
Hmm.. tough question. Poser is fairly easy to use and has
a good backup with new props (stuff) as well as new
characters. The problem is that the really good ones
costs money. Have a look at daz3d and you'll know
what I mean. The interface can take a while to get used
to and when it comes to Poser 5, you'll have to have a
pretty good machine too or it will be kind of sluggish.
P5 comes with a cloth simulator and that brought with it
dynamic clothing and hair.

/Stefan